Friday, March 30, 2007

Discovering Alexandria Meeting

On a short trip to DC a few weeks ago I discovered the Alexandria Friends' Meeting, right across the road from Fort Belvoir. I was at Fort Belvoir with my dad trying to get one of his prescriptions filled (the pharmacy turned to be closed) but on the way out the gate my dad said "There's a Quaker meeting here somewhere... oh, there it is."

So I stopped off, they were already having a meal of bread and soup. My dad was not up to getting out of the car but a Friend there brought dad out some bread and coffee. I am looking forward to attending the Meeting there with my boys, worship starts at 11 which overcomes the boys' objections to getting up early on Sunday, errr, First Day. And it's only about 15 minutes from my dad's place.

No comments: